This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.5923 / 56°35'32"N
Longitude: -3.3383 / 3°20'17"W
OS Eastings: 317915
OS Northings: 745290
OS Grid: NO179452
Mapcode National: GBR V8.TNFR
Mapcode Global: WH6PF.PKKM
Entry Name: 14, A, B, C and D Allan Street, Royal Bank of Scotland
Listing Date: 4 September 2003
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 396936
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB49417
Building Class: Cultural
Location: Blairgowrie and Rattray
County: Perth and Kinross
Town: Blairgowrie And Rattray
Electoral Ward: Blairgowrie and Glens
Traditional County: Perthshire
Peddie and Kinnear, dated 1871. 2 storey, 5-bay classically-detailed bank building with flatted dwellings above, closing terrace on ground falling to SE. Polished ashlar with droved margins and stugged quoins. Raised base and cill courses, eaves cornice. Ground floor windows with scrolled aprons and 1st floor windows bracketted. Architraved surrounds.
NE (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: moulded doorcase incorporating steps leading to deep-set folding panelled timber door with heraldic emblem to etched fanlight, windows in flanking bays (that to outer right with cash machine) and regular fenestration to 1st floor, relief-carved stone close to eaves at left dated '1871' and similar stone to right with 'PK'. 3 small modern rooflights above.
NW (THE CROFT) ELEVATION: bays to left angled with 2 windows to each floor and further window to attic with flanking stacks; variety of elements to slightly lower and single storey bays to right, including corniced doorway with panelled timber door to left.
SW (REAR) ELEVATION: single and 2-storey wing projecting at left; set-back face with variety of elements including nepus gable to centre and semicircular-headed dormer window to right.
SE ELEVATION: lower building adjoining below gablehead with paired broad stacks.
Plate glass glazing in replacement timber sash and case windows to 1st floor, modern hardwood windows to ground. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks with polygonal cans; ashlar-coped skews with some moulded skewputts; cast-iron downpipe with decorative rainwater hopper and stone fixings.
INTERIOR: screen door with etched glass; modernised banking hall retaining timber doors, counter and dado panelling (see Notes).
The interior details mentioned above probably date from around the 1930s. The Royal Bank opened its first Blairgowrie branch in 1857 at Millbank House, and moved to the current building in 1872.
Other nearby listed buildings