This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.9329 / 55°55'58"N
Longitude: -3.1293 / 3°7'45"W
OS Eastings: 329544
OS Northings: 671667
OS Grid: NT295716
Mapcode National: GBR 2B.ZBXP
Mapcode Global: WH6ST.X41M
Plus Code: 9C7RWVMC+57
Entry Name: Niddrie Mains Road, Richmond Craigmillar Church (Church of Scotland) and Hall with Boundary Wall and Railings and Gates
Listing Date: 8 September 2003
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 396989
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB49460
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Portobello/Craigmillar
Traditional County: Midlothian
Reid and Forbes, 1934. Simple cruciform Romanesque church with pitch-roofed nave and transepts, polygonal apse and flat-roofed aisles; linked church hall to NE. Pale sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings. Stone skews. Raised gables to nave and transepts. Flat-roofed porch to SE with ashlar parapet and hood-moulded 2-leaf timber panelled door.
INTERIOR: very plain interior with simple arches to aisles. Interesting Art Deco light fittings.
CHURCH HALL: pitch-roofed church hall with gable to E and flat-roofed porch with ashlar parapet in matching materials to church.
BOUNDARY WALL AND RAILINGS: iron railings on ashlar-coped rubble walls; decorative 2-leaf iron gates.
Leaded glazing; sash and case windows to hall. Graded grey slates.
The foundation stone was laid by the Moderator of the Church of Scotland, Dr PD Thomson, on 11th July 1934.
Other nearby listed buildings