This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.9598 / 55°57'35"N
Longitude: -3.1494 / 3°8'57"W
OS Eastings: 328340
OS Northings: 674680
OS Grid: NT283746
Mapcode National: GBR 8YC.K2
Mapcode Global: WH6SM.LGJJ
Entry Name: 10-20 (Even Nos) Restalrig Drive, Former Kinloch Anderson Factory
Listing Date: 18 December 2003
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 397178
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB49596
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Craigentinny/Duddingston
Traditional County: Midlothian
JR and EE Pearson, 1910. 4-storey, 15-bay red brick former textile factory (now converted to flats) with corbelled out pyramidal-roofed square-plan tower to SE. Segmental-arched windows with projecting concrete cills. Flat-arched pend to left. Circular windows to 3 sides of tower. Red facing brick to front (Restalrig Drive) elevation, common brick to sides and rear.
Replacement glazing. Modern roof tiles with Velux windows to M-roof; swept slate roof to tower.
With its prominent tower, this former textile factory is a reminder of the period in the early 20th century when proximity to the railway at Piershill junction brought a number of industrial developments to the Restalrig area.
The site to the south of this block is marked on the 1900 OS map as 'Restalrig factory?; by 1912 the group included the Pearson block, and was marked 'Restalrig Factory (Tweed and Hose)'.
Other nearby listed buildings