This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.0989 / 52°5'55"N
Longitude: -4.6979 / 4°41'52"W
OS Eastings: 215306
OS Northings: 247938
OS Grid: SN153479
Mapcode National: GBR CY.9TLX
Mapcode Global: VH2MN.JH9V
Plus Code: 9C4Q38X2+HV
Entry Name: Manian Fawr
Listing Date: 14 April 1992
Last Amended: 14 April 1992
Source ID: 10557
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated down 600m drive running east of B4546 from junction some 150m south of Webley Hotel.
Community: St. Dogmaels (Llandudoch)
Locality: St Dogmaels
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Early C18 farmhouse, possibly earlier origins, altered. Roughcast rubble stone with small slate roof, L-plan with 3 stone end stacks. One and a half storeys. Double-fronted with 12-pane sash in stucco surround each side of centre door in 1990 gabled porch. Six-panel door with overlight. Two gabled eaves dormers, not aligned, with C20 plate glass and slate sills. Raised stucco plinth and angle strips. West end wall has similar 12-pane ground floor sash and small upper window.
Rear range has door in angle and C20 4-pane window to left. C20 porch. Upper floor has eaves breaking gabled small 12-pane sash to right and very small casement pair to left, under eaves.
Heavy beams to 2 front rooms, south room beams encased and room panelled in late C19 boarding. Rear wing has narrow staircase, dog-leg, smaller ceiling beams and large end fireplace, the lintel replaced in iron after fire damage. Main range has 5-bay pegged oak roof with heavy collar trusses, and rear range has 2 heavy scarfed crucks and one raised cruck blade on north side, south side principal timbers are replaced.
The oldest surviving farmhouse in the Cardigan Community area. Said to have been part of the estate of St Dogmael's Abbey, owned by the Parry family of Noyadd Trefawr from ca1640. Leased to Evan Owen 1771 and Benjamin Owen, gent, in 1810. A cross-inscribed stone found as a gatepost ca1904 was removed to St Dogmael's Abbey grounds.
Other nearby listed buildings