This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8012 / 51°48'4"N
Longitude: -4.971 / 4°58'15"W
OS Eastings: 195251
OS Northings: 215573
OS Grid: SM952155
Mapcode National: GBR CK.XRNH
Mapcode Global: VH1RD.SZDK
Entry Name: NO.7 HIGH STREET,7,High Street,,Haverfordwest,DYFED,SA61 2BW
Listing Date: 1 July 1974
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 12101
Building Class: Commercial
Location: On the S side of the High Street facing its junction with St. Mary's Street.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
C18 to C19 front, to late medieval or C16 timber framed house. Old photographs show that it has been reduced: there was a smaller oriel on ornate brackets with Georgian sashes and this carried a timber-framed plastered jettied gable which projected from the present hipped roof. An early C19 drawing shows it with an inn-sign probably of the Golden Fleece. Occupied by Mrs Baker, milliner and Baker & Jones, saddler in 1884, and by F.E. Harris, confectioner 1926. First floor had a large late C19 canted oriel window with plate glass sashes and moulded cornice, removed by accident 2005.
Terraced house in stepped row of small narrow frontages, painted roughcast with slate close eaved hipped roof, of small slates. Two storeys and attic, one window range. Roof has C19 dormer with casement pair, boarded gable and cusped bargeboards. First floor is jettied out on a moulded bressumer with C19 cornice applied. Shop window of two plate-glass panes with one canted in to recessed shop doorway to right.
Door has two fielded panels below 2 glazed panels.
Interior not inspected, linked inside ground floor with Nos 9 and 11, with modern detail, plastered beams. Said to have close-spaced beams at ground floor, a pointed stone arched doorway at first floor and a moulded doorway to attic, ovolo-moulded frame and ogee stops. One attic truss has lapped dovetail joints to collar.
Included with Nos 9 and 11 for its special historic interest as the last timber-framed houses of the town.
Other nearby listed buildings