This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8023 / 51°48'8"N
Longitude: -4.9676 / 4°58'3"W
OS Eastings: 195486
OS Northings: 215686
OS Grid: SM954156
Mapcode National: GBR CL.XLGM
Mapcode Global: VH1RD.VY5Q
Plus Code: 9C3QR22J+WW
Entry Name: No.10 Victoria Place,,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 14 May 1975
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 13010
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in terraced row, the penultimate house from New Bridge.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Part of a development at the entrance of the town by William Owen including the New Bridge and two terraces facing each other, now Nos 1 to 17 Victoria Place, completed in 1839. Part of the terrace, especially the eastern end, may date from before then. (See early C19 prints). The town improvements began as a result of a special Act of Parliament of 1835, but the terraces were named in commemoration of the accession of Queen Victoria in June 1837. The N terrace is plainer than that on the S, and has fewer houses, all with bracketed eaves, cornice over the ground floor and sill band to the top floor. The ground floors, all altered, had a square-headed recessed doorway and a tripartite sash window. No 10 is entirely a replica of c. 1974. It had been a private house occupied by Mrs Phillips in 1884 and J. A. Bland JP in 1926.
Terraced house now commercial premises, the facade rebuilt in replica c. 1974. Painted stucco with slate roof and paired brackets to overhanging eaves. Three storeys, two bays with sill band at second floor and moulded cornice at first floor level. Windows are hornless sashes, nine-pane to top floor and 12-pane to first floor. Ground floor full width plate glass shopfront.
Interior wholly modern, rebuilt c1974.
Retained on list for group value notwithstanding being a replica as part of a stuccoed terrace framing the approach to the High Street.
Other nearby listed buildings