This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6926 / 51°41'33"N
Longitude: -4.948 / 4°56'52"W
OS Eastings: 196343
OS Northings: 203436
OS Grid: SM963034
Mapcode National: GBR G7.WJSC
Mapcode Global: VH1S0.6Q09
Plus Code: 9C3QM3V2+3Q
Entry Name: No 28, Commercial Row (E Side),,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 18 February 1994
Last Amended: 18 February 1994
Source ID: 14352
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated on corner of Commercial Row and Albion Square.
Community: Pembroke Dock (Doc Penfro)
Community: Pembroke Dock
Built-Up Area: Pembroke Dock
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Earlier C19 pair of houses plus a shop with flat above, altered early C20.
Commercial Row was built up during 1820's, completed by 1848 (Meyrick estate map). This row originally had cornice and parapet, channelled ground floor and outer quoins. The windows were small-paned sashes. A late C19 postcard shows no oriel on No 27, and that over the shop with slated roof. The upper windows had sill brackets and sill band.
Two-storey two-window range to No 27 and four-window range to Nos 27A and 28. Stucco front, unpainted to No 27, which has slate roof and rendered S end stack, while the rest has imitation slate roofs. Windows are 4-pane sashes in moulded architraves, and doors to 27 and 27A are in pilastered surrounds with entablature and cornice. No 27 has timber oriel to first floor left and 6-panel door to ground floor right. Nos 27A and 28 have three first-floor sashes and timber oriel window to right; ground floor sash to left, C20 4-panel door and large mid to later C19 shop front to right. Plate glass shop windows framed by pilasters with rosettes carrying full-length fascia with cornice, inscribed in decorative lettering 'Moore & Co. Chemists'. Door between shop windows is C20, with overlight.
S end wall, to Albion Square has similar canted oriel, but with slate roof. Three windows below. SE rear wing.
Included for prominent location opposite Dockyard wall and for fine shop front.
Other nearby listed buildings