This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1714 / 53°10'16"N
Longitude: -3.1882 / 3°11'17"W
OS Eastings: 320673
OS Northings: 364466
OS Grid: SJ206644
Mapcode National: GBR 6Y.4616
Mapcode Global: WH775.0K33
Entry Name: Churchyard Gates to Holy Trinity Church
Listing Date: 14 June 1995
Last Amended: 14 June 1995
Source ID: 16128
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated in front of Holy Trinity Church on the N side of Gwernaffield Road close to its junction with Church Lane.
Community: Gwernaffield with Pantymwyn (Gwernaffield gyda Pantymwyn)
Built-Up Area: Gwernaffield-y-Waun
Traditional County: Flintshire
The gates were made from ironwork relating to chancel gates taken c1850 from St. Mary's Church, Mold. They had probably been designed by Robert Davies in c1726 or by Thomas Cheswise who made a matching set in 1732. Restored late C20.
Pair of wrought iron gates set into stone piers. Wrought iron scrollwork cresting to top of gates with gilded foliated finials and scallop designs. The bottom rail has a set of smaller standards with foliation and spearhead finials.
Listed as a fine example of earlier C18 ironwork with local historical associations.
Other nearby listed buildings