This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.994 / 51°59'38"N
Longitude: -3.7945 / 3°47'40"W
OS Eastings: 276884
OS Northings: 234359
OS Grid: SN768343
Mapcode National: GBR Y4.JHDY
Mapcode Global: VH5F3.54TQ
Entry Name: ,15,High Street,Llandovery,,,SA20 0PU
Listing Date: 18 June 2004
Last Amended: 18 June 2004
Source ID: 82860
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in terraced row on street line near middle of row opposite No 18.
Community: Llandovery (Llanymddyfri)
Built-Up Area: Llandovery
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Terraced house, apparently of one build with No 13 and known as Bristol House, dated on door keystone 1823. The pair were built like No 5 for D Thomas, maltster and mercer, (1790-1876), and then owned by D P Powell. Occupied by Mrs Thomas widow in 1836, T Jacket, excise officer in 1844 and 1846, by James Evans in 1866, and A Medcalf in 1892-3. In later 1890s owned and occupied by Joseph Johnson, painter 1895. There was a malthouse behind Nos 13-15 reached via the arch with the dated keystone.
Terraced house of 3 storeys and 3 bays plus additional throughway to right, Slate roof without chimneys, with deep bracketed eaves, many brackets missing. Painted roughcast facade, with stucco plinth and surrounds to openings. Three square upper windows either boarded up or with C20 glazing, the surrounds with shoulders and heels; 2 long first floor 4-pane horned sashes with vermiculated keystones to similar surrounds (the middle sash removed but shown in 1926 photograph) and another similar sash to ground floor left. Ground floor right window is wider with 2 C20 fixed panes, former shop window, central recessed 6-panel door with plain overlight. Shopwindow and door have cornice over supported on 4 console brackets. Wide arched doorway to throughway to right with recessed C20 door and date "1823" scratched in stucco above.
Included as part of a continuous earlier C193ee-storey terraced group along High Street, retaining good late Georgian character.
Other nearby listed buildings