Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1734 / 53°10'24"N
Longitude: -3.3454 / 3°20'43"W
OS Eastings: 310171
OS Northings: 364875
OS Grid: SJ101648
Mapcode National: GBR 6Q.43VT
Mapcode Global: WH772.LH5K
Entry Name: Plas Bennett
Location: ½km south-west of the village of Llandyrnog; former farm buildings to rear
Locality: Plas Bennett
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Listing Date: 19 July 1966
Last Amended: 22 October 2002
Building Class: Domestic
Source ID: 758
A house of c1700. When inspected the house was undergoing extensive restoration.
A datestone of 1710 is reported.
Plas Bennet is a double-pile 2-storey 5-window house in Flemish Bond brickwork with stone dressings and slate roofs. The roof at front is concealed behind a coped parapet (reconstructed) which is slightly set back in panels corresponding to the window positions beneath. Plinth at front with a stone cavetto above a torus. Rusticated quoins. Brick end-chimneys to each pile. Sides and rear rendered; part of rear eaves lower; gabled projecting turret at rear.
The front elevation is symmetrical with 12-pane hornless sash windows in exposed frames above and below; the window heads are flat arches formed of brick rubbers with fluted keystones; moulded sills. Three steps to the front door: eared architrave, pulvinated frieze, broken wavy pediment. The door is of 6 panels without overlight.
Paired attic windows in each end wall. Dormer window at rear.
Interior not inspected. Said to have good quality interiors; good dogleg staircase (cut bracketted string, fluted balusters, swept handrail with coil over curtail step), good doors and wainscotting.
A fine early C18 gentry status farmhouse which has retained its character
Other nearby listed buildings