This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3713 / 51°22'16"N
Longitude: -2.1387 / 2°8'19"W
OS Eastings: 390439
OS Northings: 163586
OS Grid: ST904635
Mapcode National: GBR 1S4.S4Z
Mapcode Global: VH96Q.WS6N
Entry Name: 9,11,13,15, Market Place
Listing Date: 15 April 1982
Last Amended: 13 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021741
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314345
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12
Civil Parish: Melksham
Built-Up Area: Melksham
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Melksham
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 9063 MELKSHAM MARKET PLACE
7/128 Nos 9, 11, 13 and 15
(previously listed as Premises
occupied by Branson's Motor
Group of four houses in row, now unoccupied garage. Early C19.
Ashlar, Welsh slate hipped roof, ashlar stack to right. 3-storeys,
7-windows. Ground floor has C20 shop front and garage doors, with
two good door cases with 6-panelled door to No 9; flat stone hoods
on brackets with engaged columns and fluted friezes, No 15 has
Regency bow-fronted shop window with reeded surround and paterae.
First floor has plat band with 12-pane, 16-pane and 4-pane sashes
and two blocked windows. Second floor has reeded plat band and 4-
pane and 6-pane sashes with two blocked. Fluted eaves band,
cornice and blocking course to Nos 9, 11 and 13, eaves level of No
15 is lower and plain. To rear are C20 garage extensions.
Included despite C20 inserted openings to ground floor.
Listing NGR: ST9043963586
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings