History in Structure

Getting in touch with someone about a listed building that you own or occupy

Your local council is the official body responsible for listed buildings in their area, so that should normally be your first point of contact if you have any queries related to a specific listed building that you own. If you get in touch via their main telephone number or email address then they will be able to pass your query on to the relevent department.

Depending on the current state of the building and the repairs that may be necessary, you may be eligible for a grant from your council to cover some or all of the cost. The council will also be able to advise you on any restrictions which apply to the rest of the land associated with the property.

You can find out which local authority is responsible for your property at www.gov.uk/find-local-council.

Getting in touch with this website

For queries about the content of the website, contact 'admin{at}britishlistedbuildings.co.uk' (making the obvious substitution to turn that into a valid email address).

For link exchange requests or offers of commercial services, contact 'uce{at}britishlistedbuildings.co.uk' (making the obvious substitution to turn that into a valid email address).

Please see the Errors and Corrections page before sending any email about errors on the site.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.