This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0802 / 51°4'48"N
Longitude: -1.8625 / 1°51'45"W
OS Eastings: 409725
OS Northings: 131222
OS Grid: SU097312
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.9XK
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.J5M
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 4 August 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023718
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319252
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 MARKET PLACE
The Old Rectory
SU 0931 5/16 4.8.51.
Mid C18 brick refronting of older house built of random rubble and flint
(see gable end to south-east with datestone (illegible)). 2 storey front;
plinth, platband and plaster eaves cornice. Hipped old tile roof with central
(modern) chimney. 2+2 ranges of glazing bar sash windows with stone keys
and panelled shutters inside. Cut brackets to flat hood over ledged door
in garden wall to right. Return to right partly 1½ and partly 2 storeys.
Later (mid C19) brick built slate roofed coach-house to north-west with
altered window on 1st floor, linked to house by rear wing and closed in
by rubble, brick and flint tile capped walls.
Listing NGR: SU0972531222
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings