This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.898 / 50°53'52"N
Longitude: -0.8624 / 0°51'44"W
OS Eastings: 480094
OS Northings: 111561
OS Grid: SU800115
Mapcode National: GBR CDK.QR8
Mapcode Global: FRA 962Q.PTY
Plus Code: 9C2XV4XQ+52
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026154
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301312
Location: Stoughton, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Stoughton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Octagon
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
STOUGHTON STOUGHTON VILLAGE
SU 8011-8111 (north west side of the road)
35/317 The Parish Church of St Mary
Cruciform building with south porch. Chancel and transepts C11. The south
transept was converted into a tower in the C14. Nave C13. South porch C17,
rebuilt in the C19. The porch is of red brick, the remainder of the church
is of flints, which, except the chancel, has been rendered with Roman cement.
The outside therefore gives little idea of the quality of the interior.
Particularly fine C11 chancel arch. Mid C13 trefoil headed piscina. C12
part of Purbeck marble.
Listing NGR: SU8009511560
Other nearby listed buildings