This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8604 / 50°51'37"N
Longitude: -0.9278 / 0°55'40"W
OS Eastings: 475559
OS Northings: 107313
OS Grid: SU755073
Mapcode National: GBR CDW.SB5
Mapcode Global: FRA 86YT.NCD
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St John the Baptist
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301343
Location: Westbourne, Chichester, West Sussex, PO10
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Westbourne
Built-Up Area: Emsworth
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Westbourne St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
WESTBOURNE CHURCH ROAD
24/438 The Parish Church of
St John the Baptist
Large building consisting of a chancel, nave with aisles, north porch and
west tower with shingled spire. Flint with Harwich Formation Siltstone dressings and tiled roof. Mostly late C14, but the tower added in the early C16 and open to the nave
on three sides. The building was restored in 1865 to the designs of the Rev
J H Sperling. Fine medieval building on a large scale, but much restored.
Piscina of c.1400. 2 wall tablets by Nollekens.
Listing NGR: SU7555607313
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings