This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.879 / 50°52'44"N
Longitude: -0.6937 / 0°41'37"W
OS Eastings: 491999
OS Northings: 109642
OS Grid: SU919096
Mapcode National: GBR DG9.ZBK
Mapcode Global: FRA 96FS.9KM
Entry Name: Halnaker Windmill
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300706
Location: Boxgrove, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Boxgrove
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Boxgrove
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
BOXGROVE PETWORTH ROAD, (north west side)
SU 90 NW HALNAKER
14/61 Halnaker Windmill
A prominent landmark. Built in 1740. Restored from a complete ruin in 1934.
Tower type but lower than most tower mills. Red brick, covered with a thin
coating of burnt Sussex tiles. Octagonal cap of beehive shape, made of
sheets of metal, with finial. Sweeps intact. Fantail missing. The mill is
only a shell with no internal floors or machinery.
Listing NGR: SU9199909642
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings