This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9558 / 50°57'20"N
Longitude: -0.564 / 0°33'50"W
OS Eastings: 500952
OS Northings: 118354
OS Grid: TQ009183
Mapcode National: GBR FGV.VMB
Mapcode Global: FRA 96QL.036
Entry Name: Fittleworth Mill
Listing Date: 22 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026498
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300513
Location: Fittleworth, Chichester, West Sussex, RH20
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Fittleworth
Built-Up Area: Fittleworth
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Fittleworth St Mary Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
Watermill. This building stands on an island between two branches of the river Rother in the garden of the Mill House, which was rebuilt in 1913. It is disused and in poor condition. L-shaped building, begun by Thomas Stanley in 1628 and enlarged by John Turner in 1742. Three storeys. Two windows. Ashlar. Half-hipped tiled roof. The east wing has a half-hipped gable and pentice to the north of this.
Listing NGR: TQ0095218354
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings