This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.835 / 50°50'5"N
Longitude: -0.7768 / 0°46'36"W
OS Eastings: 486234
OS Northings: 104653
OS Grid: SU862046
Mapcode National: GBR DGS.GG6
Mapcode Global: FRA 968W.M6Z
Entry Name: East Pallant House (Chichester Rural District Council Offices)
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026811
English Heritage Legacy ID: 299846
Location: Chichester, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Chichester
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Chichester St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
972 EAST PALLANT
East Pallant House (Chichester
Rural District Council Offices)
SU 8604 NW 4/170
(The front faces east). 2 storeys, 7 windows and addition to the north.
Large double bow front with 3 large windows on each side of door. Stuccoed.
Cornice with moulding below and parapet. Doorway with Doric columns, pediment
and semi-circular fanlight with Gothic divisions. Door modern. Large C19
red brick addition behind to the west; recent addition to south of this.
Addition to the north has large 3 sided canted bay with facets of unequal
size projecting through 2 storeys; 1 sash window in each facet on ground
floor; 1 sash window in centre above. Cemented. Behind this attic storey
of another higher addition visible. Again further north, addition of 2
storeys, 1 window bay with sash window above and below; cemented,
Listing NGR: SU8623404653
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings