This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2629 / 51°15'46"N
Longitude: -0.4317 / 0°25'54"W
OS Eastings: 509519
OS Northings: 152695
OS Grid: TQ095526
Mapcode National: GBR GDN.RNR
Mapcode Global: VHFVJ.GJM6
Entry Name: Duke of Wellington Public House
Listing Date: 14 June 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029410
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288612
Location: East Horsley, Guildford, Surrey, KT24
Civil Parish: East Horsley
Built-Up Area: East Horsley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: East Horsley
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 05SE EAST HORSLEY C.P. EPSOM ROAD
5/32 Duke of Wellington
14/6/67 Public House
Public House. Rebuilt in 1861 by Lovelace Estate. Flint rubble with brick and
terracotta dressings on plinth, roughcast cladding to centre; hipped slate roofs.
Two storeys with gable end stack to left containing arched niche inscribed "East
Horsley". Corbelled rear ridge stacks to centre, left and right, further end stack
to right. Single storey angle bay to left under hipped roof with piers to angles,
casement fenestration and machiciolated eaves. Leaded casement fenestration, 3
windows on first floor, 4 on ground floor all behind colonnade across the facade,
with round brick piers on plinth walls. One bay to left with metal casement window.
Half-glazed door to centre. Round corner to right end with arcade on ground floor,
balcony above. Striped brick piers with terracotta band above. Diamond shaped
panel above with distances marked to adjoining villages.
Left hand return front: 3 casement windows on first floor, pentice across ground
floor, single storey extension to rear.
Listing NGR: TQ0951952695
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings