History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hazel Hill Including Former Stables to Rear

A Grade II Listed Building in Peaslake, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 51.1951 / 51°11'42"N

Longitude: -0.4482 / 0°26'53"W

OS Eastings: 508528

OS Northings: 145130

OS Grid: TQ085451

Mapcode National: GBR GFM.1HD

Mapcode Global: VHFVX.57X5

Entry Name: Hazel Hill Including Former Stables to Rear

Listing Date: 14 June 1967

Last Amended: 21 May 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1029480

English Heritage Legacy ID: 288474

Location: Shere, Guildford, Surrey, GU5

County: Surrey

District: Guildford

Civil Parish: Shere

Built-Up Area: Peaslake

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Shere

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in

Listing Text


5/207 Hazel Hill including
14.6.67 Former Stables to rear
(formerly listed as Hazel Hall with
II stables)

House. Circa 1750 with early C19 extensions to rear. Red brick to front,
colourwashed roughcast to right hand return front and galletted sandstone
to rear to stable extension. Hipped plain tiled roof to front with slate
roofs to rear and hipped over stables. House. Five bays by three deep,
linking bays at right angles connecting to former stable block at north east
corner, at right angles. Two storeys: entrance front plinth with plat band
over ground floor and rubbed brick cornice over first floor to base of
stone coped parapet partly obscuring the roof. Five bays with 12-pane
glazing bar sash windows on first floor, four on ground floor, all under
gauged brick heads. Central "Ware" doorcase in projecting brick break.
Double fielded panel doors under traceried fanlight with medillioned pediment
over on ionic half columns. Quadrant walls to either end of entrance front.
Right hand return front: recessed link to centre, three bays to left with
outer ground floor windows oval with tile on edge keystones. Angle bay to
ground floor centre. Three bay former stables to right with upper lunette
windows and ground floor sashes in arched surrounds under semi-circular
over windows.

Rear: wing at right angles to front. Pedimented portico to rear entrance
and half-glazed door under traceried fanlight. Tent roofed C19 round window
to left on stable block under fleur de lys finial.

Listing NGR: TQ0852845130

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.