This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2064 / 51°12'22"N
Longitude: -0.6691 / 0°40'8"W
OS Eastings: 493073
OS Northings: 146082
OS Grid: SU930460
Mapcode National: GBR FCS.CNB
Mapcode Global: VHFVL.CY42
Plus Code: 9C3X684J+H9
Entry Name: Lydling
Listing Date: 14 June 1967
Last Amended: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029526
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288386
Location: Shackleford, Guildford, Surrey, GU8
Civil Parish: Shackleford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Shackleford and Peper Harow
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94 NW SHACKLEFORD CP PUTTENHAM LANE
14.6.67 (formerly listed as Lydling
House. Circa 1700 with late C18 alterations. Coursed sandstone with
ironstone galleting and red brick dressings, hipped plain tiled roof with
rendered, coved eaves. Half-H shaped plan. Two storeys and attic under
gabled, leaded, diamond pane, casement dormers in end wings. Blocked
basement to right with brick plat band over ground floor. Tall end stacks
with corbelled tops on plinths, central stack to rear. Symmetrical facade
of 3 bays with centre bay deeply recessed. One 16-pane glazing bar sash
window to each floor of outer bays, those to ground floor under cambered
heads. Central window to first floor and windows on inner flanks of side
wings blocked with red and blue brickwork. Central half-glazed door in
moulded surround with metal-traceried, transome light under flat hood.
Pentice roofed extensions set back to left and right ends.
PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) page 452.
Listing NGR: SU9307346082
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings