This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1419 / 52°8'30"N
Longitude: 1.2759 / 1°16'33"E
OS Eastings: 624254
OS Northings: 254348
OS Grid: TM242543
Mapcode National: GBR VN6.RDN
Mapcode Global: VHLBH.2FCD
Entry Name: All Saints House
Listing Date: 16 March 1966
Last Amended: 15 August 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030288
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286483
Location: Debach, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Debach
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Charsfield with Debach St Peter
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
DEBACH THE STREET
TM 25 SW
16/3/66 All Saints House
(formerly listed as
Church of All Saints)
House, formerly Church. 1854-1856 Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott,
executed by R.M. Phipson. Rubble flint with ashlar dressings and a plain
tile roof. Nave (divided into two storeys) and Chancel (retained as a
single-storey drawing room) under one continuous roof. Road front (North
face): Nave doorway at right of centre with richly moulded ashlar surround.
To either side of this are lancets with chamfered surrounds. Over the
doorway is a C20 lean-to porch with catslide roof. To the chancel on this
side is a pointed window at right with a richly moulded surround. Priest's
door at left with moulded surround and a 2-light window at far left with 2
trefoil-headed lights and a cinquefoil to the apex with hood mould having
floral label stops. To either angle of this front are diagonal buttresses
with offsets and there are decorative ridge tiles to the apex of the roof.
East end: central three-light window with trefoil heads and a quadruplet of
daggers within a circular surround to the apex. West end: two light
central window with trefoil head and C20 gable. Two-storey wing projecting,
Interior: The chancel retains its steps, the richly moulded sedilia, the
vestry door with hood mould and figurehead label stops and pulpit, also
richly carved and entered by a staircase from the vestry.
Listing NGR: TM2425454348
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings