This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1127 / 52°6'45"N
Longitude: 1.5343 / 1°32'3"E
OS Eastings: 642089
OS Northings: 251938
OS Grid: TM420519
Mapcode National: GBR XRL.JQM
Mapcode Global: VHM88.K506
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 16 March 1966
Last Amended: 16 January 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030844
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285136
Location: Sudbourne, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP12
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Sudbourne
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Sudbourne All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 45 SW SUDBOURNE CRAG FARM ROAD
1/49 Church of All Saints
16.3.66 (Formerly listed under General)
Church. C14 much restored in 1879 when transepts were added. C14 Tower with
slender spire lead covered, C14 Nave. Random flint, ashlar with knapped flint.
C15 windows. Blocked Norman door on south side of nave. C14 north porch. C17
pulpit with richly carved panels. Single hammer beam roof of late C19. Large
alabaster monument to Sir Michael Stanhope with kneeling wife and children.
Font c.1200, large cauldron bowl on four shafts with moulded capitals.
Listing NGR: TM4208951938
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings