This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4225 / 52°25'21"N
Longitude: 1.59 / 1°35'24"E
OS Eastings: 644192
OS Northings: 286569
OS Grid: TM441865
Mapcode National: GBR YV8.0TS
Mapcode Global: VHM6R.HCYQ
Entry Name: The Grange
Listing Date: 27 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1032035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 282162
Location: Ellough, Waveney, Suffolk, NR34
Civil Parish: Ellough
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Ellough and Weston St Peter
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
ELLOUGH CHURCH ROAD
TM 48 NW
5/11 The Grange
House, formerly the rectory. Circa 1830, with earlier work to west. Red
brick, with a stucco band at first floor level and a moulded eaves cornice,
formerly wood, now replaced in glass-reinforced plastic. Slated roof. 3-
storey T-shape main range with 2-storey blocks in the angles. 3-bay main
facade facing south: the bays are divided by paired pilaster strips, the
centre bay being pedimented. Inset sash windows with slender glazing bars,
flat brick arches; the lower windows extend to ground level. There are half-
height windows at second floor level, the centre bay with a semi-circular
headed window cut by the cornice and protruding into the pediment where it is
set within a semi-circular arched recess. Mid C20 French windows to centre.
The 3 gable ends are treated in a similar manner to the centre bay of the main
facade. Various stacks, one with 3 grouped flues under a single cap.
Listing NGR: TM4419286569
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings