This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2614 / 52°15'40"N
Longitude: 1.1468 / 1°8'48"E
OS Eastings: 614846
OS Northings: 267242
OS Grid: TM148672
Mapcode National: GBR TKC.8R1
Mapcode Global: VHL9T.TFN9
Entry Name: Lampits Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 July 1955
Last Amended: 23 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1032392
English Heritage Legacy ID: 281363
Location: Thorndon, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP23
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Thorndon
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Thorndon with Rishangles All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
THORNDON HESTLEY GREEN (off)
TM 16 NW
3/82 Lampits Farmhouse
(formerly listed as
29.7.55 Lampits and under Baker's
Manor farmhouse. Early-mid C16 3-cell main range with alterations of c.1600.
Early C17 service wing to rear forming L-shape plan. Timber framed and
roughcast-rendered under plaintiled roof. 2 storeys and attic. Continuous
jetty to front. 5 windows, mid C20 single-paned casements. Central battened
plank door. Internal stack with plain shaft of C20 date. The parlour cell to
right is heated by a stack placed against the rear wall. Rear doorway of
c.1800 has 6-panel raised and fielded door, architrave and dentilled pediment.
Modernised interior. Hall has chamfered cross-beamed ceiling with solid
braces to wallposts; joists concealed by C17 plasterwork with moulded borders.
Tie beams in chamber above have long heavy arched braces. Studded first floor
partition between hall and service cells has 4-centre arched doorway. The
present stack seems an insertion of c.1600, perhaps preceded by a smoke bay
within a narrow bay at the opposite end of the hall. One stuccoed first floor
fireplace with ovolo-moulded 4-centred arch. Roof over front range is a
reconstruction of c.1700 or later, with stepped butt purlins. Rear wing had
2-cell form: on-edge joists; roof with 2 rows of diminished butt purlins and
Listing NGR: TM1484667242
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings