This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.702 / 52°42'7"N
Longitude: -2.5177 / 2°31'3"W
OS Eastings: 365111
OS Northings: 311719
OS Grid: SJ651117
Mapcode National: GBR BV.2T0D
Mapcode Global: WH9D2.9BBX
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 8 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033317
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362418
Location: Wellington, Telford and Wrekin, TF1
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Wellington
Built-Up Area: Telford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Wellington All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WELLINGTON CHURCH STREET
5362 east side
Church of All Saints
SJ 6511NW 5/566
1790 by George Steuart. Ashlar. Nave with 5 bay north and south sides with
round-head windows of 2 tiers in recess with ornamental detailing. The west front
of 3 bays, pedimented and with giant Tuscan pilasters, 3 round arched recesses
containing lunettes and rectangular windows with moulded architraves with
entablatures, similar surround to central doorway. Over the pediment is a square
tower in 2 stages with coupled Ionic pilasters at the corners and a small dome.
The east end has apse with pilastered tripartite window.
Interior: altered in 1898, original galleries were on cast iron columns.
Monument: Martha Oliver, 1839, by Peter Hollins - seated woman.
In the churchyard south-east of church cast iron tomb of 1885 to Samuel Corbett.
Listing NGR: SJ6511111719
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings