This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0823 / 52°4'56"N
Longitude: 0.7204 / 0°43'13"E
OS Eastings: 586496
OS Northings: 246146
OS Grid: TL864461
Mapcode National: GBR QGY.GXP
Mapcode Global: VHKDX.FXPM
Entry Name: Primary School
Listing Date: 13 December 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 278175
Location: Long Melford, Babergh, Suffolk, CO10
Civil Parish: Long Melford
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Long Melford Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
THE GREEN WEST
5377 Long Melford
TL 8646 20/424 13.12.73.
A red brick building with blue brick diapering designed by A H Parker
and built in 1860 and enlarged in 1895. It is designed in "Elizabethan"
style to harmonise with Melford Hall, the Elizabethan mansion which stands
opposite. The main block has slightly projecting gabled wings at the
north and south ends. Additional wings extend to the north and south
of the main block, also with gables on the front. The main block is 1
storey with 1 attic dormer window in the centre and the side wings are
2 storeys. The windows are mainly mullioned and transomed casements.
At the south end there is an octagonal brick tower with rectangular openings.
2 clock faces on the middle stage, a brick dentil cornice and a dome.
Roof tiled, with ornamental crest tiles and a tall shafted chimney stack
to the main block.
Listing NGR: TL8649646146
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings