This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3342 / 52°20'3"N
Longitude: -1.6757 / 1°40'32"W
OS Eastings: 422191
OS Northings: 270728
OS Grid: SP221707
Mapcode National: GBR 5LF.P4P
Mapcode Global: VHBX7.WLZG
Entry Name: Church of St Leonard
Listing Date: 11 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035066
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308394
Location: Beausale, Haseley, Honiley and Wroxall, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Beausale, Haseley, Honiley and Wroxall
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Honiley St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP2270 (South-west side)
8/128 Church of Saint Leonard
Church, formerly north aisle of priory church. Circa 1315; west tower c.1663;
C19 organ bay to south side. Squared coursed stone; C17 brick to tower; roof not
visible. 10-bay nave and west tower. 4-centre arched door to left of centre
with wood panelled door. 3-light window of steeply-stepped lancets under single
2-centred arch to centre. 2-bay organ bay to right with C19 tracery windows.
Blocked 2-centre arches to south side of church are former north aisle arcade.
5-light Perpendicular-tracery window to East end of nave. North side: blocked
2-centre arched central doorway with ball flower moulding. 2-centre arched
doorway to right with ribbed and studded door. Five 3-light windows of
steeply-stepped lancets under single 2-centred arches. Tower: 3-light window of
steeply-stepped lancets under single 2-centred arch to west end. Dog-tooth bond
brickwork to North face of tower. Round stair turret to north face of tower.
2-light louvred openings with cusped lights to bell-chamber. Battlemented
parapet to tower. Interior: Perpendicular 10-bay roof. C19 stone reredos, C19
choir stalls, C19 chancel screen. C14 font to right of chancel, screen has
octagonal base and basin. C19 pews and pulpit. medieval stained glass to: most
windows, of high quality. History: formerly north aisle of priory church. Priory
founded for Benedictine nuns c.1135. Church consecrated 1315.
(Buildings of England: Warwickshire: 1966, pp483-484; VCH: Warwickshire: Vol.3:
Listing NGR: SP2218770729
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings