This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3515 / 52°21'5"N
Longitude: -1.5166 / 1°30'59"W
OS Eastings: 433022
OS Northings: 272713
OS Grid: SP330727
Mapcode National: GBR 6MS.FDZ
Mapcode Global: VHBXB.N5L5
Entry Name: 'Old Almshouses'
Listing Date: 11 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035175
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308211
Location: Stoneleigh, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV8
Civil Parish: Stoneleigh
Built-Up Area: Stoneleigh
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Stoneleigh St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
STONELEIGH Village Green
20/333 'Old Almshouses'
Nos 1-10 (consec) The Green
Dated 1594. Range of ten almshouses founded by Sir Thomas and Dame Alice Leigh.
Red sandstone ashlar with steeply pitched plain tile roof with gabled ends.
Plinth. Date stone '1594' with dripmould above. Central door. One storey and
attics. Symmetrical, each doorway has a window on either side and a single
dormer to the left above. Five chamfered stone four-centred doorways and ten
mid-C19 leaded two-light casements in chamfered square openings with oak
lintels. Five gabled dormers with leaded two-light casements. Each doorway
opens into a passage formed by timber framed partitions with plastered panels.
A door on each side gives access to a house of two rooms, one up and one down.
Five tall stone chimney stacks with moulded caps are spaced out equally.
Listing NGR: SP3302272713
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings