This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3056 / 52°18'20"N
Longitude: -1.6606 / 1°39'38"W
OS Eastings: 423239
OS Northings: 267555
OS Grid: SP232675
Mapcode National: GBR 5LV.F06
Mapcode Global: VHBXG.59GV
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 11 April 1967
Last Amended: 23 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035208
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308045
Location: Hatton, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Hatton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Hatton Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
HATTON Hatton Green
9/173 The Old Vicarage
Mid C18 red brick house. Plain tile roof with gabled ends. Two storeys and
attic. Three bays. Sashes with glazing bars in flat arched openings with
key blocks. Central plastered doorway with cornice, rectangular fanlight and
glazed and panelled door. Three flat-roofed dormers breaking eaves with sash
windows. Brick end stack. C18 two storey, one bay addition to left.
Dr Samuel Parr (1747-1825) the celebrated classical scholar and pedagogue
became perpetual curate in 1785 and lived here until his death. He took in
private pupils, enlarged the house and built a library of over ten thousand
volumes. While at Hatton he was visited by many distinguished contemporaries.
Listing NGR: SP2323967555
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings