This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.282 / 52°16'55"N
Longitude: -1.5854 / 1°35'7"W
OS Eastings: 428380
OS Northings: 264952
OS Grid: SP283649
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.VC2
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.GXQ0
Entry Name: 30, Jury Street
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 19 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035412
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307536
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 JURY STREET
(formerly listed as
SP 2864 NW 1/129 10.1.53.
Possibly the work of Archer. Early C18, 2 storey plus attic and basement,
3 window facade of ashlar sandstone. Upper part suffers through lack of
parapet (and/or cornice at eaves) which appears to have been removed.
Pilasters between bays have moulded bases. Tuscan capitals have been
removed. Sashes in cased frames with keyblocks. Central 6-fielded-panelled
door with fanlight has moulded stone eared architrave with key blocks and
entablature. Central window opening on first floor also has moulded stone
architrave, eared, small sash window (no glazing bars) to right hand side
of entrance. Three later gabled dormers in roof of old tiles. Good wrought
iron lamp sconce on garden wall. Modern canted stone bay to left of ground
floor. Lower back wing. Interior: C18 panellins and ? powder closet.
All the listed buildings on the south side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2838064952
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings