This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1673 / 52°10'2"N
Longitude: -1.4318 / 1°25'54"W
OS Eastings: 438957
OS Northings: 252266
OS Grid: SP389522
Mapcode National: GBR 6Q6.4SN
Mapcode Global: VHBY5.4SDF
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 30 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035659
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307015
Location: Burton Dassett, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV47
Civil Parish: Burton Dassett
Built-Up Area: Northend
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Burton Dassett All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
8/26 The Manor House
Shown on Ordnance Survey map as Manor Farm.
Manor house. C16 central range, left wing 1664. Late C19/C20 alterations and
right cross wing, and early/mid C20 service wing. Coursed squared ironstone. C20
tile roofs have moulded coped gable parapets with moulded kneelers; ashlar
internal and ridge stacks; some stacks to rear have C20 brick shafts.
Single-ended hall house, extended to complex T-plan, with cross wings, wing to
rear and service wing to left. 2 storeys and attic, and 2 storeys and basement
central range; 2-storey right range; 4-window range. 2-storey 4-window service
wing. Recessed centre has late C19/early C20 porch in left angle. Entrance in
right side has moulded 6-panelled door in chamfered surround. Stone steps with
pierced balustrade. Single-light window to front. Moulded cornice and parapet.
Centre and left wing have double-chamfered stone mullioned windows. 2-light
basement window. Centre has remains of blocked doorway with c19/C20 four-light
mullioned and transomed window inserted into it. First floor has 2-light and
5-light windows. Wing has 5-light ground floor window with 4-light windows
above. Right wing has C19/C20 4-light chamfered mullioned and transomed windows.
Service wing has half-glazed door in right corner. 2 and 5-light mullioned
windows. Older end-part, possibly originally separate building, has stable door
and 2-light leaded casement, with painted wood lintels. Right return side is
2-window range. Cross windows. Large gabled half-dormers. Rear irregular.
Interior not inspected.
(Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p.222; Raymond Wood-Jones: Traditional
Domestic Architecture in the Banbury Region, pp.207-209).
Listing NGR: SP3895752266
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings