This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2785 / 51°16'42"N
Longitude: -1.9933 / 1°59'35"W
OS Eastings: 400562
OS Northings: 153265
OS Grid: SU005532
Mapcode National: GBR 2VT.T00
Mapcode Global: VHB4V.D4K6
Entry Name: West Lavington Manor
Listing Date: 19 March 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035895
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312186
Location: West Lavington, Wiltshire, SN10
Civil Parish: West Lavington
Built-Up Area: Littleton Panell
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bishop's (West) Lavington All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WEST LAVINGTON CHURCH STREET
13/285 West Lavington Manor
Manor House, now offices. C16, much altered 1908 and 1980's.
Greensand rubble with limestone quoins, tiled roof. Rear single
storey wing of C17 brick and pantiled roof. Main block two
storeys and attics. Four gables, the first added, second, main
gable and two bays before small gable incorporating recessed
entrance in arch, and fourth gable with angled 2-storey bay window.
Stone mullioned and transomed windows, hollow chamfered window to
added first gable. Main gable has Venetian French windows to
ground floor flanked by niches, and very large sundial in gable.
All gables have raised ball finials. To street, inset hollow
chamfered 2-light windows, three on ground floor renewed, with
limestone relieving arches. Rear wing along road of 4 bays, the
fourth bay raised as gable in C20. Four-paned sashes. Rear has
two major gabled wings and various later extensions. Interior not
seen. Porch has initials of Dauntsey family 1571 and 1559.
Listing NGR: SU0056253265
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings