This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3456 / 51°20'44"N
Longitude: -2.2517 / 2°15'5"W
OS Eastings: 382568
OS Northings: 160751
OS Grid: ST825607
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FKJ
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XFHV
Entry Name: No 14b with Archway to Right
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Last Amended: 23 August 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036108
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312684
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (East Side)
No 14B with archway
to right. [Formerly listed
as premises occupied
by Coal Agencies Ltd]
ST 8260 2/114 18.4.52.
C18. Weathered ashlar, modern pantiled roof, moulded eaves cornice.
2 storeys, 5 windows, sashes, architrave surrounds, glazing bars. Ground
floor has 2 windows with square-headed doorway between; left hand window
has moulded flat cornice and right hand window a "broken" pediment. To
right of frontage is an elliptical-arched opening with keystone, which
leads through an iron gate to the Baptist Chapel in the rear.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec), 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margaret's Street and No 1 St Margaret's Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8256860751
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings