This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3461 / 51°20'45"N
Longitude: -2.2523 / 2°15'8"W
OS Eastings: 382525
OS Northings: 160807
OS Grid: ST825608
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FDZ
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XF5G
Entry Name: Glenavon
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036117
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312697
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (West Side)
No 46 (Glenavon)
ST 8260 2/4 18.4.52.
Early C19 frontage. Ashlar, high-pitched slate roof, 3 cambered-headed
dormers with casements. 2 storeys 3 windows, 1st floor sashes, with glazing
bars in plain reveals. Ground floor windows are square-headed, triple-light,
with narrow side-lights, divided by slender fluted half columns. These
windows are set in shallow segmental -arched recesses. Centre doorway
with semi-circular head in narrow arched recess, fanlight with glazing
bars. 6-panelled door. Plain string at 1st floor level, moulded cornice.
Plain parapet. House set back slightly from building line, shallow paved
forecourt with plain iron railings and gate.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec) 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margarets Street and No 1 St Margarets Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8252560807
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings