This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1985 / 51°11'54"N
Longitude: -2.1976 / 2°11'51"W
OS Eastings: 386292
OS Northings: 144386
OS Grid: ST862443
Mapcode National: GBR 1V5.WRB
Mapcode Global: VH97N.V4LJ
Entry Name: The Old School House
Listing Date: 31 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036250
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313013
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Warminster
Built-Up Area: Warminster
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Warminster Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 06/10/2014
ST 8644 3/289
No. 16, The Old School House
(Formerly listed as No. 40)
Circa 1868. Former Infants' (or Ragged) School. Extended 1878. To South Street an 'L' plan single storey building with weathered buttresses at corners and a lancet triplet with recessed mullions and keyed arches over to projecting gable-ends. Projecting gabled porch to left of left hand wing, pointed doorway, pair of lancets with recessed mullion. Tiled roof with decorative bands and crested ridge. Return to Cannymore Road has 3 pairs of lancets with recessed mullions. Slightly recessed schoolmaster's house. 1 1/2 storeys with 2 half dormers, gabled paired lancets with recessed mullions. Similar window on ground floor to right. All with glazing bar casements. Pointed doorway with beaded door to left and another similar window to left. Cast iron street sign dating from 1834 to Cannymore Road (of No 66 Deverill Road).
Listing NGR: ST8629144242
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings