This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1437 / 51°8'37"N
Longitude: -2.0271 / 2°1'37"W
OS Eastings: 398200
OS Northings: 138268
OS Grid: ST982382
Mapcode National: GBR 2XH.BB2
Mapcode Global: VHB5D.TJ63
Entry Name: Diana's
Listing Date: 11 September 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036490
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313597
Location: Stockton, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Stockton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Middle Wylye Valley
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
STOCKTON HIGH STREET
ST 93 NE
Detached house. Circa 1700, altered and extended late C19.
Coursed dressed limestone with cob rear wing, thatched roof with
coped verges and gable end brick stacks. L-plan. Two-storey, 2-
window west front. Late C19 central stone and flint porch with
quatrefoils and heraldic arms to frieze, 2-panelled inner door in
chamfered depressed arched opening, 3-light recessed chamfered
mullioned casement either side with hoodmould. Two mullioned
casements to first floor. Attached to left return is late C19
former school or parish room with large 3-light casement. Right
return has 2-light mullioned casement to attic, attached 2-storey
addition with slate roof. Rear 2-storey wing in cob has tripartite
sashes, rear of main range to right has sashes, lean-to extension
to right with oval datestone inscribed M/1840.
Listing NGR: ST9820038268
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings