This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7613 / 52°45'40"N
Longitude: -2.4038 / 2°24'13"W
OS Eastings: 372845
OS Northings: 318259
OS Grid: SJ728182
Mapcode National: GBR 7Y.Z4M7
Mapcode Global: WH9CR.1VLJ
Entry Name: Service Wing Immediately North North West of Longford Hall
Listing Date: 8 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037010
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362304
Location: Church Aston, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Church Aston
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Newport St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 71NW; 24/451
Service wing immediately north-north-west of Longford Hall
Circa 1794-7 by J Bonomi. Detached service wing facing courtyard at rear of
Longford Hall. Red brick range on sandstone plinth with hipped tiled roof.
Two-storeys. Five bays. Ground floor large sashes with glazing bars and central
flush panel double doors with rectangular fanlight. First floor 3-light casements.
Ashlar clock tower over the centre with pyramidal tiled roof with weathervane,
moulded eaves cornice, round arched and lowered bell-openings with continuous
impost moulding, and with clock face below on the front.
Listing NGR: SJ7284518259
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings