This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.4303 / 55°25'49"N
Longitude: -1.8454 / 1°50'43"W
OS Eastings: 409882
OS Northings: 615170
OS Grid: NU098151
Mapcode National: GBR H5KN.86
Mapcode Global: WHC19.MRGX
Entry Name: Titlington Hall
Listing Date: 31 December 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038290
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236599
Location: Hedgeley, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Hedgeley
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Eglingham St Maurice
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 01 NE
4/254 Titlington Hall
House, rebuilt 1824 for W.M. Pawson (inscription on north-west corner quoin).
Tooled-and-margined stone; right return and rear roughly-squared stone with
tooled-and-margined dressings; blue slate roof. Main house 2 storeys, 2+1+2
bays. Chamfered plinth, rusticated quoins, moulded eaves cornice, blocking
course. Slightly-projecting centre has altered flush-panelled door with
2-pane overlight, between plain pilasters carrying frieze and cornice; two
4-pane sash windows above; antefixae on blocking course. Flanking bays have
early C20 6-pane casementswith 4-pane sashes above. All windows in architraves,
those on ground floor with plain aprons, dropping to plinth. Small inserted
window with rusticated lintel near right end. To far right, single-storey
part with renewed 12-pane sash. 2-bay left return shows similar fenestration;
rear elevation shows large arched stair window with renewed glazing, and
slightly-projecting wing to left.
Interior: not fully seen. 2-bay screen with tall fluted columns at foot of
geometrical stair. Drawing room fireplace and some other features said to
have been brought from Lemington Hall.
Another north-west corner quoin dated 1745 probably relates to the previous
house on the site, replacing a tower thought to have stood on what is now the
front lawn, where parch marks sometimes show a rectangular structure.
Listing NGR: NU0988215170
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings