This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3467 / 52°20'48"N
Longitude: -1.1363 / 1°8'10"W
OS Eastings: 458930
OS Northings: 272417
OS Grid: SP589724
Mapcode National: GBR 8QY.TSY
Mapcode Global: VHCV0.884W
Entry Name: Red Lion Public House and Attached Barn
Listing Date: 11 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038301
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361036
Location: Crick, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6
Civil Parish: Crick
Built-Up Area: Crick
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Crick St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
CRICK MAIN ROAD
SP5872 (South side)
11/148 Red Lion Public House and
House, now public house. C17. Squared coursed ironstone and coursed rubble, tile
roof, brick stacks. 2 storeys, cellar and attic. 5 bays with gabled bay to
right. Cellar entrance in right bay has wood lintel and C20 metal door. Carriage
entrance in left bay has wood lintel and double plank doors. Doorway in third
bay from left has moulded wood surround with open pediment on scroll brackets
and 6-panel door. 3-light casement window with stop chamfered wood lintel to
left. Similar window to right. Window in right bay has moulded stone surround.
Flat stone hood and 3-light wood casement. Similar window to right bay on the
first floor. Other first floor windows are 3-light casements with wood lintels.
2-light stone mullioned window to attic with blank stone plaque above. Interior:
set of chamfered beams in ground floor room, open fireplace; stone winder
staircase. Barn adjoining to left, projecting back at rear: C17/C18. Coursed
ironstone rubble, corrugated. iron roof. 5 bays. Two plank doors with wood
lintels and one-light casement windows with wood lintels. Interior not
inspected. Said to have first been recorded in use as a public house in 1766.
Listing NGR: SP5893072417
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings