This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8048 / 52°48'17"N
Longitude: -1.8162 / 1°48'58"W
OS Eastings: 412487
OS Northings: 323046
OS Grid: SK124230
Mapcode National: GBR 4C9.3NK
Mapcode Global: WHCG3.2RDM
Entry Name: Church of Holy Angels
Listing Date: 12 March 1964
Last Amended: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038507
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273548
Location: Hoar Cross, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Hoar Cross
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Hoar Cross with Newchurch
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK 12 SW; 9/5
Church of Holy Angels
(formerly listed as Church of Holy Angels Hoar Cross)
1872-78. Architect: G. F. Bodley and one of his best works. Built by Mrs H. F. Meynell
Ingram to commemorate her husband, Hugo Francis Meynell Ingram of Hoar Cross Hall
and Temple Newsam. Built of stone in Gothic Decorated and. Perpendicular style. Nave,
central tower, transepts and chancel. Lady Chapel and narthex added 1891 and 1900 respectively. The rich interior has furnishings designed by Bodley and table tomb
monuments to Hugo Meynell Ingram and his wife.
Listing NGR: SK1248523050
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings