This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6287 / 52°37'43"N
Longitude: -2.4758 / 2°28'32"W
OS Eastings: 367893
OS Northings: 303547
OS Grid: SJ678035
Mapcode National: GBR BW.7K71
Mapcode Global: WH9DG.Y672
Entry Name: Madley Wood Methodist School Former Chapel
Listing Date: 8 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038649
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362174
Location: The Gorge, Telford and Wrekin, TF8
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: The Gorge
Built-Up Area: Telford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Ironbridge
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
IRONBRIDGE JOCKEY BANK
5362 Madeley Wood Methodist
School former Chapel
SJ 6703 14/317
Built in 1777 by John Fletcher to serve as a day school and as a chapel in the
evening. It ceased to be a Chapel in 1837. Plain rectangular brick building.
Tiled roof with gabled ends and brick dentil eaves. One storey and attic. Three
window range. Large windows with moulded stone round arches with keyblocks. Attic
lunette in west gable end with blank plaque below on console brackets. Beneath
the plaque a partly blocked Venetian window. Later C19 brick extension on east end.
Listing NGR: SJ6789303547
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings