This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9162 / 52°54'58"N
Longitude: -2.2213 / 2°13'16"W
OS Eastings: 385212
OS Northings: 335444
OS Grid: SJ852354
Mapcode National: GBR 15F.37J
Mapcode Global: WHBD5.VYDR
Entry Name: Swynnerton Hall
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038991
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272378
Location: Swynnerton, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST15
Civil Parish: Swynnerton
Built-Up Area: Swynnerton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Swynnerton and Cotes Heath
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 83 NE 5/16 10.1.53.
Circa 1725. architect: Francis Smith of Warwick and built for Thomas Fitzherbert.
Later additions. Main block: ashlar; 3 storeys; 9 sash windows (5 to sides) in
moulded architraves, those to first storey with keyblocks and the ground storey
windows pedimented; rusticated angles; 3 centre bays have slight projection with
giant Tuscan pilasters and doorway in rusticated surround with Ionic columns and
bolection frieze; plain parapet with large urn finials. The east elevation and
interior altered circa 1810 by James Trubshaw. Later 3 storey brick wing on north
side. Interior: The former 2-storeyed great hall altered by being divided horizontally.
Good staircase with elegant iron balustrade, extending to the top of the building.
Listing NGR: SJ8521735448
Other nearby listed buildings