This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8615 / 52°51'41"N
Longitude: -2.0786 / 2°4'42"W
OS Eastings: 394806
OS Northings: 329334
OS Grid: SJ948293
Mapcode National: GBR 27J.P8V
Mapcode Global: WHBDN.1BGP
Entry Name: Village Club
Listing Date: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038999
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272293
Location: Sandon and Burston, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18
Civil Parish: Sandon and Burston
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SANDON ROAD (JUNCTION OF)
Dated 1904. Architect: Sir Guy Dawber. Red brick, roughcast and sham timber frame.
The hall has 2 large hipped dormers rising from shallow bays with stone quoins
to brick plinth, each with a 4-light wood mullioned window. Two storeyed portion
to left has an overhanging sham-framed gable above a 6-light oriel window; leaded
lights throughout; recessed doorway below left-hand gable with side lights; bold
lined eaves; tiled lantern with wind vane; tiles. Stone quoin carved with Harrowby
crest and above date.
Listing NGR: SJ9480629334
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings