This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4085 / 52°24'30"N
Longitude: -0.4368 / 0°26'12"W
OS Eastings: 506429
OS Northings: 280092
OS Grid: TL064800
Mapcode National: GBR FYQ.Y3Q
Mapcode Global: VHFNX.CQXJ
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 25 May 1967
Last Amended: 11 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040170
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232811
Location: Clopton, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN14
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Clopton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Clopton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
The Old House
(Formerly listed as The Old Rectory)
Rectory, now house. Mid C17 origins, remodelled early C18, dated 1838 and
extended 1938. Squared coursed limestone with Collyweston slate roof.
Originally double-depth, now L-shape plan. 2 storeys with attic. Main front is a
4-window range. Central part-glazed door has plain surround. Circular windows,
immediately flanking the door, have glazing bars and plain ashlar surrounds.
Other windows are sash windows with glazing bars and plain ashlar architraves
and sills and similar wooden heads. Roof dormers, ashlar gable parapets and
ashlar stacks at ridge. Circular windows are probably C19 re-fenestration.
Elevation to left has late C19 wooden bay window and c.1938 range, attached, in
similar style to main house. Elevation to right has rainwater head to central
valley with date 1838. Rear elevation has 2 leaded cross-windows, that to first
floor has some original glass. Interior: C17 staircase, with turned balusters,
rising around an open-well with quarter landings. The attic flight is probably
restored. Other rooms probably remodelled 1938; dining room has reset panelling.
Listing NGR: TL0642980092
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings