This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0931 / 52°5'34"N
Longitude: -1.1404 / 1°8'25"W
OS Eastings: 458989
OS Northings: 244204
OS Grid: SP589442
Mapcode National: GBR 8V1.LJ8
Mapcode Global: VHCW5.5NZB
Entry Name: Home Farmhouse and Attached Dairy Wing to Rear
Listing Date: 4 February 1987
Last Amended: 22 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041103
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234541
Location: Helmdon, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN13
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Helmdon
Built-Up Area: Helmdon
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Helmdon St Mary Magdelene with Stuchbury and Radstone
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
HELMDON WAPPENHAH ROAD
SP54SE (North side)
5/31 Home Farmhouse and attached
04/02/87 dairy wing to rear
(Formerly listed as Home
Farmhouse. Early C17, remodelled mid C18. Coursed limestone rubble, slate roof,
stone end stacks. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Central
ledged and studded door, hinged in middle, in moulded wood surround
with tear drops at base, and overlight above within 2-storey low gabled stone
porch. Porch has ironstone doorway with 4-centred head, cut spandrels and hood
mould, a sundial above dated 1853, a 2-light leaded timber oriel window to first
floor on stone brackets, moulded wood eaves and ironstone quoins. 3-light leaded
casement windows flank porch to ground and first floor, all with timber lintels
except for that to ground floor right which is flat-arched. Lower 2-storey wing
to left has C20 casement window to ground floor, back door and 2- and 3-light
casements to first floor. Long single-storey dairy wing projects to rear.
Interior has stop-chamfered spine beams, open fireplace with chamfered
bressumer, dog-leg staircase with turned balusters, a built-in early or mid C18
bureau with glazed cupboard over. Parlour has C18 timber chimneypiece with
carved frieze and fitted cupboard with shaped shelves and semi-coved head with
ornamental carving, flanked by pilasters; lead cistern inscribed "GF/1788".
Formerly roofed with stone slates (ridge survives).
Listing NGR: SP5898944204
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings