This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1894 / 55°11'21"N
Longitude: -1.5492 / 1°32'56"W
OS Eastings: 428802
OS Northings: 588441
OS Grid: NZ288884
Mapcode National: GBR K8MF.DK
Mapcode Global: WHC2M.5TKL
Entry Name: Blacksmiths and Joiners Shops to West of Pit Head
Listing Date: 18 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041395
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235917
Location: Ashington, Northumberland, NE63
Civil Parish: Ashington
Built-Up Area: Ashington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Woodhorn with Newbiggin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
ASHINGTON WOODHORN COLLIERY
NZ 28 NE
2/46 Blacksmiths' and
Joiners' shops to
west of pit head
Blacksmiths' and Joiners' shops, 1894 extended to south 1908. Yellow Ashington
brick; Welsh slate roof. East elevation; 1 storey, 16 bays. 4 large round-
arched openings, 2 segmental-headed doorways, 1 pair of boarded doors under
timber lintel, and round-arched windows, some with metal-framed casements.
Similar windows to rear, some partly blocked, and banded lateral stack.
Interior: Transverse wall with elliptical arch between workshops at north end;
northern workshop has corner hearth with stepped brick hood.
Listing NGR: NZ2880288441
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings