This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.4148 / 55°24'53"N
Longitude: -1.7089 / 1°42'32"W
OS Eastings: 418525
OS Northings: 613468
OS Grid: NU185134
Mapcode National: GBR J5HT.TR
Mapcode Global: WHC1K.Q5F8
Entry Name: Pant
Listing Date: 25 August 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041445
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235836
Location: Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Alnwick
Built-Up Area: Alnwick
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Alnwick
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 1813 SE 1/350
1875, replacing that of 1790. Four sided, 3 stages, polished granite. Consists
of a plinth, a blind arch on each face and a pyramidal cap topped by a lamp standard.
The trough faces Narrowgate, Two bronze medallions below the cap - to left St
Michael and Dragon, to right monogram "W.D." In centre, to Narrowgate, a quatrefoil
with the inscription: "Erected 1873 at the cost of Will. Dickson Esq of Alnwick
in place of the old pant". Bronze lion head spout.
Listing NGR: NU1853013472
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings