This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.3482 / 55°20'53"N
Longitude: -1.6123 / 1°36'44"W
OS Eastings: 424683
OS Northings: 606090
OS Grid: NU246060
Mapcode National: GBR K65L.QM
Mapcode Global: WHC1T.6THV
Entry Name: 6 and 7, Dial Place
Listing Date: 31 December 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041710
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237185
Location: Warkworth, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Warkworth
Built-Up Area: Warkworth
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Warkworth St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 2406 WARKWORTH DIAL PLACE
21/294 Nos. 6 and 7
Pair of houses, c.1820. Tooled stone of near-ashlar quality; gables rendered.
No. 6 has purple slate roof, No. 7 blue slates. 3 storeys, 4 bays, symmetrical.
Chamfered plinth. Central pair of 8-panel doors with patterned overlights, in
moulded surrounds. 12-pane sash to right; shop window to left is 12-pane
upper sash with plain lower leaf. 12-pane sashes to 1st floor and 9-pane short
sashes to 2nd floor. All windows with slightly-projecting sills. Bold
moulded eaves cornice. Coped gables; stepped-and-banded end stacks, the left
rendered. Left return shows 9-pane sash on 2nd floor; right return shows 12-
pane sashes to lower floors and 9-pane trompe l'oeil window above. Rear
elevation shows similar fenestration except for pair of arched stair windows
in 1st-floor centre bays, holding 15-pane sashes with intersecting heads.
Formerly known as Durham House.
Listing NGR: NU2468006087
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings