This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.0426 / 55°2'33"N
Longitude: -1.8812 / 1°52'52"W
OS Eastings: 407686
OS Northings: 572015
OS Grid: NZ076720
Mapcode National: GBR HB94.J5
Mapcode Global: WHC37.2JF4
Plus Code: 9C7W24V9+2G
Entry Name: 9 Headstones 5-10 Yards East of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042674
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238901
Location: Stamfordham, Northumberland, NE18
Civil Parish: Stamfordham
Built-Up Area: Stamfordham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stamfordham
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
Tagged with: Tombstone
STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN
NZ 0772 (West side)
28/415 9 headstones 5-10
yards east of Church
of St. Mary
Group of 9 headstones, all with scrolled pedimented tops and all sandstone.
1. James Hall. 1813. Angel and symbols of death and eternity.
2. Harrison. 1767. Cherub, swags and symbols of eternity.
3. Joseph Dinnin. 1788. Angel and symbols of eternity.
4. Thomson. 1801. A standing angel.
5. John Bell. 1781. Tassels and an angel.
6. Thomas Atkinson. 1792. An angel.
7. Elizabeth Potts. 1792. A sunburst, standing angel and symbols of death.
8. Thomas Weddle. 1796. An angel.
9. Michael Oliver. 1784. An urn, foliage and bold lettering.
Listing NGR: NZ0768672015
External links are from the relevant listing authority and, where applicable, Wikidata. Wikidata IDs may be related buildings as well as this specific building. If you want to add or update a link, you will need to do so by editing the Wikidata entry.
Other nearby listed buildings